Welcome/Willkommen!

Hello and welcome. Hope you enjoy the images I have posted. Please do not reproduce them without my permission. Most are available as note/greeting cards or as prints/enlargements. Thank you for visiting my site and your comments.
Many have asked about the Header image above, which I named 'Eerie Genny'. It was originally shot with film [taken on the shore of the Genesee River near the Univ. of Rochester]. During the darkroom development, I flashed a light above the tray. The process, known as 'solarization', produces eerie, ghostlike effects; some have mistaken this image as an infra-red photo. Some 35+ years later, I scanned and digitized the print, and did a little modern day editing, and, voila.
« I confirm the subscription of this blog to the Paperblog service under the username shattman ».

Friday, March 9, 2012

Arches & Flowers [Sky Watch Friday]



This image is an edited version of one [Mission San Jose] that I posted last month in SWF. Since I had been reading about converting color images to B & W, and then selectively restoring some color element(s) [using Adobe Photoshop Elements v.8], I thought that I had a good candidate to play with. What you see is the outcome of that experiment, which I’ve renamed Arches & Flowers. I like it more than the original. In any event, it was a fun exercise, and much simpler than I had imagined. Hope you like it.
Post a Comment